SCRI will assist all NASCE participant institutions throughout the administration process, from first phone call to final report.
The NASCE Process is outlined below:
1. Contact April A. Backus (email@example.com or 518-782-6997) to express your interest, discuss the specifics of the survey, and obtain the necessary materials to move forward.
2. Choose a launch date - the survey can be launched on any Monday throughout the Fall or Spring semester. Over the course of 12 days, four email invitations will be sent out in total; the survey will close on the 12th day (Friday) at 5pm.
3. Complete this NASCE_2.0_Customization_and_Incentive_Form - we will use this to design and customize your institution’s unique survey.
4. Provide us with a list of all undergraduate email addresses - Used solely for the purpose of distributing the survey, the list will be deleted after the survey closes and identifying information will not be tied to individual responses. For detailed information about why we request the list of email addresses, click here.
5. Promote NASCE on campus - Throughout the process, SRI will assist with promoting and advertising the survey on campus, to ensure a good response rate. Participating institutions are expected to develop a Marketing Plan, using this NASCE_Marketing_Packet as a guide.
6. Field survey - Once the survey is launched, SRI sends 4 email invitations to all undergraduate students over the course of 12 days (the link to the survey is provided in the emails). After the first email, subsequent emails are only sent to non-respondents.
While the survey is fielding SRI will provide daily updates of how many students have completed the survey, so institutions can gauge their response rate and assess promotional efforts (and adapt them if needed).
7. Analyze Data - Once the survey is closed, SRI will analyze the data and provide a final report, data frequencies, data cross tabulations, and the raw data file within 30-60 business days.
MARKETING THE NASCE
1. Advertising the survey on your campus is the single most important component of the entire NASCE process! Ensuring that we receive an adequate response rate is crucial, and is largely dependent on how good of a job institutions do at getting the word out there about the NASCE.
2. Because we know this can be a daunting task, SRI has put together this Deployment and Marketing and Strategies Packet, which contains a list of best practices, sample email templates, and customizable flyers.
3. Throughout the marketing process, it is very important to obtain support from your institution’s President, Faculty Members, Administrators, and Student Leaders.
4. The survey link itself can be broadcast around campus, and we encourage you to send it out in e-newsletters, email announcements, on web pages, etc… Get the word out there!
5. You know your school better than we do, so be creative in your marketing strategies and do what you think will work best for your students!
Once the survey is closed and the data has been analyzed, institutions receive a Final Report with comparative analyses, along with the Data Frequencies, Data Crosstabulations, and the Raw Data File. To view a Sample Report, Sample Frequencies, and Sample Crosstabs, use the links below.
|INSTITUTIONAL UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT||COST|
|2,000 - 4,999 students||$3,000|
|5,000 - 10,000 students||$4,000|