Brief Overview of the Policy
Siena College Research Institute’s website collects a few items when you visit the website. This will allow us to ensure the utmost performance and experience while on the website.
Reason for Policy
The purpose of this policy is to inform users of the Siena College Research Institute website of the information that may be collected and how it is managed and used by SCRI.
Scope of the Policy
The scope of this policy includes all users that visit the Siena College Research Institute website for information pertaining to SCRI and their services.
The Official Policy
Here at Siena College Research Institute your privacy is a top priority. SCRI welcomes you and appreciates you visiting the website. When visiting the website there are a few items we collect when you visit.
Some information that is automatically collected when visiting our website may be the following:
- user client hostname: the hostname or Internet Protocol address of the user requesting access to a college website
- HTTP header, “user agent”: the type of browser, its version, and the operating system on which the browser is running
- HTTP header, “referrer”: specifies the webpage from which the user accessed the current webpage
- system date: date and time of the user’s request
- full request: exact request the user made
- status: status code the server returned to the user
- content length: content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user
- method: request method used
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI): location of a resource on the server
- Query string of the URI: anything after the question mark in a URI
- protocol: transport protocol and the version used
- processing time: time, in milliseconds, it took for the server to process the request
- host header: hostname of the requested file, e.g., www.esc.edu
Third Party Sites
Siena College Research Institute Use of Information
The Siena College Research Institute collects and processes personal data (“Information”) from individuals only as necessary in the exercise of the College’s legitimate interests, functions and responsibilities as a private, non-profit institution of higher education.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information when you transmit it to us and when we store it on our information technology systems.
Special Notice for EU Residents
If you are located within the European Economic Area (European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland), we acknowledge the rights granted to you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
These rights may include:
- Right to access your information held by us
- Right to correct inaccurate or incorrect information about you
- Right to the erasure of your information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it
- Right to restrict processing of your personal information in specific situations
- Right to object to processing your information, including sending you communications that may be considered direct-marketing materials
- Right to object to automated decision-making and profiling, where applicable
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction within the EU
Your information will be retained by the College in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Your information will be destroyed upon your request unless applicable law requires destruction after the expiration of an applicable retention period or if the information is still necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. The manner of destruction shall be appropriate to preserve and ensure the confidentiality of your information given the level of sensitivity, value and criticality to the College.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions or concerns.
Any information that is collected through our website is kept private and only Siena College Research Institute and authorized personnel have access.